Wednesday 15 August 2012

IDOLE - 3rd Exposed

The disappearing act of Idole d'Armani
When I originally pulled this scent out of the bag, the corners of my mouth formed a smirk because it was, the one and only Armani.  Oh yes, Armani.  Armani has provided me with nothing but sugary compliments from charming men with long lasting appeal all tucked away in a sensible packaging.  That is, of course, until I was exposed to Idole.  The base notes consists of Styrax, Patchouli and Vetiver.  Rose Loukoum and Jasmine with Saffron Absolute, stay cozy in the middle while Orange, Pear, Ginger and Davana notes settle at the top.  My nose and I were warring when I first sprayed this on my newly showered body.  The scent resembled too much to liquor with a bang of spice.  However, after purposely keeping my senses away from the tequila spots for 5 hours, Idole became bearable.  The frangrance sank into my skin, for a warm, captivating scent.  Alas, Armani doesn't disappoint... until another 5 hours had passed.  No matter how much I rubbed my nose up and down my arm, the scent wasn't noticeable.  It's as if I had never put it on, as if the scent went through its own mood swings.  From a violent scream to a soft whisper.  
Planning to take on the scream?  Just remember to apply it at least 5 hours before heading out and take the travel size with you.

"We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing."
-R.D. Laing

    

No comments:

Post a Comment