Thursday 23 August 2012

PRINCESS

Vera Wang's Princess is the Swan Princess
This gentle, pleasing and graceful scent of a lovely swan begins as a duckling.  When I first inhaled this fragrance on my wrists, I wasn't too keen on the tangy after smell that resided in my senses.  It was tangy and too strong.  I rolled my eyes thinking, 'oh great, another day worrying about how bad I smell', that is until I raised my arm to take a book off my shelf.  A tender, sweet smell lingered in the air from where I retrieved the book.  The scent was smooth, mild yet noticeable.  I brought my nose to my wrists again, this time expecting the same fragrance, a reasonable expectation, right? Reasonable and rational but not a reality.  My nose received the same scent it did when I first smelt it, tang.  Waving my arm back and forth in the air a few times, trying to figure out the trick then, tah dah, the sweet and gentle fragrance resurfaced.  Throughout the day, I was constantly checking my wrists discovering that the better half of Princess started to exist on my wrist as it did on the air.  I then immediately researched the notes and was amazed how Vera can combine many different notes to create this beautiful scent without exposing the various notes it contains.  Pink Frosting, Vanilla, Amber and Woods are at the base, the feet constantly swimming.  Guava, Tiare Flower, Tuberose and Dark Chocolate rest comfortably, on the water without breaking a sweat.  While Waterlily, Lady Apple, Mandarin, Meringue and Apricot frames the pretty face of the swan, sitting tall and proud.  The Princess bottle is the shape of a transparent heart with several edges, purple coloured liquid inside and of course, a gold coloured crown as a cap.  The container  is a girlie one but at least it's not pink.    
Nicely done Ms. Wang, you've managed to mix a great amounts of elements together to form your perfect swan.

"There's a double beauty whenever a swan swims on a lake with her double thereon."
-Thomas Hood


No comments:

Post a Comment