Sunday 19 August 2012

CANDY - 7TH CHOSEN

Candy by Prada will hurt your teeth

As soon as I heard Prada came out with a fragrance with caramel, vanilla and sugar, all my favourite tasty ingredients, I couldn't wait to shower in it.  The design of the bottle caught my attention.  The sleek cylinder shape of pink and gold stands proud with a cap of what looks like Moe's hair cut from the Three Stooges, attached to a very skinny neck.  The perfume releases a decent amount of imbue with an effortless pump.  Holding the container, a tantalizing odour was seeping out and I was lost in my own sweet reverie... that is of course until I mist it on myself.  The sweetness was so pronounced making it seem that you just ate a whole bag of sugar.  That would have been great if the  syrupy scent subsided, but it didn't.  I was confused if I should brush my teeth due to a sudden twinge or take a tylenol for a growing headache. Caramel being the only top note is quite evident, yet there's still a powdery notes of Cocktail of Musks in the mid section and Vanilla and Benzoin as the base whom all help with the illusion of giving you a cavity.  The aroma wasn't horrible, but it wasn't delightful either.
For the sweet candy addicts out there, remember too much of a good thing, isn't good.

"A celibate, like a fly in the heart of an apple, dwells in a perpetual sweetness, but sits alone, and is confined and dies in singularity."
-Jeremy Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment